- MicroPython, a platform for rapid development of IoT. We’re now using this for customerproducts.
- The LoPy, a low-cost LoRa module that can communicate several kilometers between sensors just operating on batteres using unlicensed RF bands. Also powered by MicroPython rapid development.
- ESP8266, a nano-cost WiFi module, also powered by MicroPython rapid development.
Other reasonably-priced technologies that we’re keeping our eye on are:
- Centimeter-accurate positioning of people or equipment.
- Technology for nanosecond-resolution timing between sensor nodes.
- Bio-sensors and other sensors for IoT products.
- Low-cost satellite technology for remote operations.
14 June 2016 by Berwyn 2 comments