Oyster Hotel Reviews is the place to go for high-quality hotel photos and unbiased reviews.
But what might interest you is that they’re currently looking for experienced web developers, especially developers with strong Python skills. I’m slightly partial, as I’ve started working with them recently, but I can already say they’re great folks to work with, and the company is a happening web startup with a very positive trajectory.
Oh, and 37signals really likes Oyster.
Anyway, if you’re a Python web developer, you can apply via their Joel on Software job listing. The low-down for the position from Oyster is:
We are aggressively expanding and are looking for rock star software engineers to join our team.
The hired individual will work on projects including massive scalability and storage problems, information retrieval algorithms, internal tools and end user features. You should have a neurotic attention to detail and be willing to get your hands dirty building every aspect of a consumer website that will attract millions of customers. In this role you will primarily be doing development in Python and will be touching code at every level–user interface, core server infrastructure and the database.
We launched recently and have been written about in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, LA Times, Economist, USA Today and many others.
- BS or MS degree or higher in Computer Science
- 3+ years of professional development experience in Python is a must
- You are a star; You should be able to code 3x faster than the other software developers you know
- Experience in database programming
- Experience with web development
- Interest in working with other disciplines including customers (end users of the software you write) and product management
- Must be a team player and open to change
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
What We Offer
Joining our team full-time brings genuinely unique benefits:
- 30″ monitors with the best computers money can buy
- Amazing server infrastructure with which you can do very unique things (details in the interview)
- We believe that one excellent worker is far better than two adequate performers; as such, we pay well and reward star performers as stars
- Medical benefits
- Dental benefits
- Meaningful equity/stock options in a startup with a very bright future
- Friendly coworkers who are the best in their respective fields
- A seasoned and successful entrepreneurial leadership team that has already achieved great success and knows how to focus and get stuff done
To apply, submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Python Software Engineer” as the subject.
26 April 2010 by Ben add a comment